Legacy Planning Tips
- Prepare a will.
- Leave a gift in your will for charitable organizations that have made a difference in your life.
- Leave a specific percentage or dollar amount in your will to a nonprofit of your choice.
- Consider various assets for your charitable gift, like savings bonds, stock, real estate, or art.
- Name your favorite charitable organization as the beneficiary of your IRA or pension.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts.
- Encourage family and friends to leave deferred gifts to nonprofits in their wills. Ask your financial advisor to include charitable giving as part of counsel to clients.
Back to Top