Establishing a Scholarship in the Community Foundation doesn't take a Rocket Scientist
(but you might just be able to help someone become one)
So how easy is it to establish a scholarship fund in the Community Foundation? Here are some questions to consider when starting a new scholarship fund. If you'd like more information, bring these questions and any more that you might have to our office, and we'll help you sort out the details.
- Do you have a preference as to the high school(s) the student has graduated from or a geographic area?
- Do students have to be recent graduates to be eligible?
- Do you have a preference as to the kind (trade, vocational, or university) of post-secondary educational institution that they attend or where (a particular university or post-secondary school) the student will attend?
- Do you want to help students who are majoring in a specific area or working toward a particular career field?
- What criteria is important when selecting the recipients of the scholarship? Recipients should be selected based on (circle all that apply):
letter of recommendation
healthy life style
- Are the scholarships renewable (subject to available funds, etc.)?
- How much to you want the amount of the annual scholarships to be?
- Should income from the fund be paid directly to support the general scholarship fund at the high school(s) and/or college/university/trade school?
- What will the award be called? ___________________________________
Foundation staff is available to work with you to make this experience what you really want it to be.
Call (800) 964-0508 or email email@example.com to ask any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment. We are always eager to work with your attorney and or your accountant to do all we can to assist you in making a gift in the way that best suits your circumstances.
Back to Top